8/08/2008

Stan Gable anyone?

So Leandra and I make our monthly visit to Cosco to pickup our normal 4 cases of water, 1 case of gatorade,1 large package of tp, and a few other odds and ends. Within 5 minutes of being there we both notice an older gentlemen that looked verrrrry familiar. So familiar that I actually thought I knew the guy on a personal level maybe from the local gym, dog park, or somewhere. I tell Leandra this and she laughs and says, "You know who that is?", I say, "No, but damn does he look familiar." Leandra goes on to tell me that she thinks he is from Happy Days or some other late 80's-90's sitcom. So we continue to shop and watch everyone look in his direction with puzzled faces on who this guy is. I mean we are in Cosco in Columbus, Ohio. Far far from Hollywood or any other location where a "star" might be doing some daily shopping. The last thing you want to do is go up to the guy and ask him, "hey who the hell are you?".

Later that night we are both in bed frustrated that we can not remember what show he was on. We both agreed that we could picture him with a sweater tied around his neck walking into a front door of a sitcom. Hours later I finally figured it out. TED MCGINLEY! He was Jefferson D'arcy from Married with Children. The neighbors husband. More importantly, STAN GABLE the cocky quarterback jock from "Revenge of the Nerds". How funny is that.




No comments: