8/13/2008

Rylee's Arrival! ----7lbs 11 ounces, 19 inches---

What a beautiful experience this was. Wow! Anyhow, we got to the hospital around 11 a.m. Met with Amy (our RN) and started to answer about 70000 questions to get prepared with the schedule C section at 1 p.m. The entire process lasted about 2.5 hours, which in my mind seemed like 45 minutes (in Leandra's mind prolly about 4 weeks). Skipping a few minor details they took Leandra back around 12:45 to give her the epideral (spelling?) and came and got me around 12:55. I entered the surgery room all decked out in scrubs, hair cover hat thingy, and mask. There was Leandra laying on the table looking totally miserable and out of it with a drape that was hanging about neck high so she could not see a thing. Obviously she got numbed from feet to breasts for the C section. There was a seat next to Leandra's head for me to sit on, but F' that I wanted to watch everything I could, so I stood the entire time looking over the drape and holding Leandra's hand. A total of 7 doctors/nurses were in the room at the time. 2 on each side of Leandra at the surgery table, the anesthtetic guy (Thom, he was the coolest), and 2 more doing random jobs around the room. So as soon as I got there they began the cut and started the surgery. Let me tell you it was amazing. Nothing that I had ever expected and not to be cliche', but damn it was "Surrrrrreal". I geuss I always imagined them being much more gentle during surgery and never realized that "being gentle" just isn't an option during surgery. I also never anticipated seeing tissue on the inside of Leandra's body while she was totally coherent. Pretty weird, and I definitely understand why the Doctor asked me several times if I could stomach watching the entire surgery. She said many husbands choose to stay on the blind side of the curtain. I figured it like this, yeah its pretty crazy and kinda disturbing to watch them literally cut her wide open, but this is why Doctors go to school for 10 years. They are professionals so why wouldn't I trust them in what they do. I was told our Doctor was the best in the business, so I had no worries at all. All in all it took about 10-15 minutes from incision to the time they pulled out Rylee ass first. Once Rylee was out I stayed by her side for the next 10-15 minutes while they patched up and stapled Leandra's mid section back up (CrAzY). After a few tests and procedures I went with the nurse and Rylee to the nursery where they did more tests and also bathed her. As they continued to do more assessment on Rylee, I left and went back to make sure everything was cool with Leandra. After cleaning Leandra up they moved us to our recovery room where we will be staying for the next 3 days :( Hospitals suck balls IMHMFO). Anyhow it is about 9:18 pm, they just took Rylee to the nursery for the night so we can both catch up on some zzzzzz's. After tonight, I will not have her stay at the nursery anymore. It just doesn't sit well with Rylee not chillin with us. Sorry if this post isn't "English Class Presentable", I am pretty damn tired and have like 1830813 thoughts going through my head. All good thoughts of course, its been a pretty damn/Sweeeeet week in my life. Good Night for now. Here are some pics of the Princess along with the King and Queen.






















No comments: