8/14/2008

Quick Recap of the Sunday Million Victory


I just finished watching the replay of the FT on Pokerstars of the Sunday Million. All in all I think I played it pretty standard really with the exception of a few key hands down the stretch. It was a unique win because at the same time that we were down to 27ish in the Stars million, I was also down to the final 32 in the FTOPS (Full Tilt Online Poker Series) $500 buyin Heads up tournament. Normally there is no problem multitabling 2 tournaments at a time, but a HU tournament requires much more attention than a normal full ring or 6 handed tournament. So basically I don't even remember many hands in the Stars Mill from 27 players down to about 12 players because I was so focused on the HU tournament. I finished 11th in the HU tournament for 10k which had a very unfortunate ending to it, being that my opponent made a flush on the river. He played the hand so poorly it makes me sick. That river costed me at the very minimum 9k dollars. Oh well. Back to the highlites of the Stars Mill Victory. When the tournament got down to 10 players (5 handed at 2 tables trying to get to the final table), I had a chip stack of about 6 million. For everyone that is unclear on poker strategy, when we got to 10 players the big stacks or even the advanced players will begin raising a vast majority of hands knowing that there is so much scared money that is just trying to be famous and make the FT. With that said, I had a guy at my table who was sticking with that strategy and he raised almost every hand. Playing 5 handed I pickup k5 soooted in the sb, with the crazy aggro raiser on the button where he made his standard preflop raise. This seemed to be the perfect resteal spot for me and my k5 with only one player to act behind me and whats the chances that one person has a monster. Anyhow I reshove my stack into the middle, and don't you know the BB calls off his chips immediately after I shoved. Obviously the intial crazy, aggro, bubble destroyer folds and my k5 is up against kk. LOOOL. Obviously I lose that hand along with 5.1million of my 6 million chips and a guy at the other table happens to bust so I take my miniscal 815k to the FT where Im beyond short stacked with 2.5-3 bets left. At this point Im pretty sure that Im that guy who is gonna finish 9th in the stars million for 11k hahahaha. 11k may seem like a good amount of money and it is, but not after that debacle. Anyhow, the 3rd hand into the FT I pick up qq and call off the rest of my chips to a raiser who covered my stack with his opening bet. A 3rd guy joins in the hand and to my surprise the queens hold up and suddenly I have somewhat of a chance sitting on 3million chips. I was still pretty short after the triple up, but definitely much more of a swinging chance. Soon after a few steals and chipping up enough to breathe, I had a few crucial hands that held that made me a contender. You can watch the FT replay on pokerstars. It runs pretty much nonstop till Sunday and shows everyones hole cards at the Final Table. One last funny piece from the tournament. We were down to 6 people, I have like 20 mill in chips and pickup a3. I wanted to open the pot with a bet of 1.4 million, and accidentally added one too many zero's and I look up to see a bet of 14 million! My heart sank as I watched each of the 5 other players muck their hands. Wow that coulda definitely ruined me in so many ways. If someone shoves I have to call off my last 6 million with fucking a3!!!! Too funny, when you run good, you run good I geuss. Well Im off to make a few calls outside my room at the hospital.
Laterz*, (Randers)

Boke

No comments: