8/31/2008

1-0, September 13th is that much closer.

So I attended the home opener on Saturday for the Buckeyes against my alum (Youngstown State). Greg and Lori came down Friday night with their two kids which led to a full house for the weekend. Greg and I got up around 7a.m. Saturday morning and I had a few other friends coming down from Youngstown to meet up with us at my house and we all followed each other down to the tailgate for the game. The traffic was not at all bad and we got there and were all setup cooking and drinking by 9 a.m. The entire process seemed to go way to good. Anyhow one of my good friends (Fornia) is always well prepared for a good time. He brought everything. Brats, dogs, grill, beer, liquor, table, chairs, I mean EVERYTHING. He is that guy you want there if you are looking for a good time. He does it up the right way every single time. Anyhow there was a total of 6 of us who enjoyed our selves at the tailgate before the game. (Myself, Fornia, Mcnally, Topper, Mike and his wife Leslie-god bless her for dealing with our guy shit)

We made our way to the game and Greg and I decided to upgrade our tickets with a scalper. We paid an extra 40 bucks each, but it was well worth it. Our upgrade put us in the lower deck, 8 rows up on around the 10-15 yardline. The atmosphere in the stadium is one of the best in the nation. If you are a football fan and you don't get the chills when you get in there, than well, you are not a football fan. The crowd was hype as usual and the Bucks somewhat blew out the Guins 43-0.

The game was pretty much one sided and we got our first taste of the freshman phenom Terrel Pryor (Sp). He looks so good in the #2 jersey that he coulda played bad and still looked good. I think he looks and plays like a fresh Vince Young. It's almost scarey to imagine the big plays that he will be making in the future for the Buckeyes. All in all it was 1 of 2 tune up games for the Bucks before that MONSTEROUS game on September 13th. I'll leave you with a couple poor photos I took with my phone.



No comments: