8/08/2008

B-R-E-T-T BRETT BRETT BRETT

So my friends totally blew my phone up with text messages the day after Favre got traded to the Jets. Lets get something straight real quick. I root for the Jets, but by no means am I a die hard fan. There is a big difference. A die hard fan has trouble sleeping the night of a grueling loss, a standard fan loses no sleep. I lose no sleep when the Jets lose (unless maybe against the Patriots, but that stems more from Boston fans in general). I do however lose much sleep when Buckeye football, Buckeye basketball, or Yankee baseball lose heartbreaking games.

I am very excited for the upcoming season for the Jets. They made some great offseason moves to start winning games now as opposed to the future which is very exciting. They should definitely compete this year in their conference and hopefully take down the patriots at least one of the two times they meet. I don't necessarily believe that they will be Super Bowl contenders or even be a playoff caliber team, but like I said, I definitely think they will compete. My predictions for their season stand at 9-7, possibly 10-6. With the Patriots and the scrappy Buffalo Bills, I look to see the Jets land in 2nd or possibly 3rd in the division with a playoff spot being up in the air. At the very least I get to be excited for Jets football opening up in Miami week 1.


No comments: