11/10/2006

Sweet Friday!

Well, for most Friday is the end of a long 9-5 week and the beginning of a 2 day vacation. In my situation Friday is cleaning day, and also a 2 day break from poker. I do play occassionally on Friday and Saturday, but only for 1-2 hours tops. Possibly an hour session of cash games or a few singles to kill time.

Last night I watched the Rutgers and Louisville game. Man, what a game it was. Both teams entered the game undefeated with Louisville ranked #3 and Rutgers ranked #16. Obviously Rutgers was the underdog even though they were playing in their home stadium. Before the game started they showed a quick skit with James Gandolfini, aka Tony Soprano, whom is a graduate from Rutgers. Just goes to show how big this game was for both teams and their respected schools. The game lived up to its hype as Rutgers pulled off the unthinkable winning 28-25. One of the best football games I've watched all season and if you missed it they are running it again tonight on ESPN classic.

The last few months of the year should be really busy with exciting events and travelling. Just about everyone that knows anything about Ohio and football knows what is going to happen on November 18th. Oh baby! Them dirty fellas from Michigan coming to see us in Columbus for a true education on how to play football. Turkey day is the following week on the 23rd, with my birthday the next day on Friday the 24th. Doh! 30 shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Than things get really exciting in early December. I may possibly be going down to the Bahamas for a WPT seminar, and/or going to Vegas for the WPT Five Diamond Classic at the Bellagio. Everything is up in the air as of right now for the right reason. My sister is expecting a little boy on December 16th, however like all pregnant ladies she believes it will happen sooner. (Good Luck and Congrats Cara and Alvin!)

As far as poker goes... well, I will probably be talking more about my flaws in the game, than the positive outcomes. For example, I was playing with a guy named HoosierAlum, (Very good all around cash/tourney player. Well respected on the net.) and I saw him chatting about how bad he was in the Poker Stars nightly 150. He goes on to say he has not cashed in that tournament the last 39 times he played it. I begin to ask him to look up my streak. I knew I had a good shot of having his unfortunate and nasty streak beaten. Yes, I was correct. Get this, 0-50 for me in just cashing in this tournament alone. Leaving me roughly -14, 000 net. HAHA. All I really can do is laugh. My best reasoning for my horrific run in the Stars nightly $150.00:

1. The field is sick. After the closure of Party and other major sites the number of entrants has gone from 300-500 to 600-800. Not only that, but the players are all top notch, and now you get all the beasts from Party and Dise which makes it even touger.

2. The structure. I just have not figured it out. It is deceiving in the manner that one may consider themselves short stacked right from the beginning. I think this causes many to gamble early. I also believe that there is not much preflop play which hurts my style.

3. Confidence. Haha, obviously I have zero of this when the tourney window pops up.


I am confident that I will figure this tourney out, if not than it gets chopped at the end of the year. I will keep everyone posted on this lame streak in this particular tournament.

Enjoy your weekend,

Boke

No comments: