12/10/2008

I have to FESS up...plus other news.

I quit the diet after 4 days. The diet definitely got the best of me and I realized how important food is in my life. Eating eggs everyday just is not for me. Leandra made it the furthest out of the 4 of us (Mark and Ashlea quit after like 1-2 days), she went a solid 6 days. I looked at it like this, I've been eating much healthier for the past month and since I have lost 10 lbs. Went from 178 to my current weight of 168. Im cool with that. Im gonna still try and eat healthy and practice portion control much better than I have in the past. If anyone out there wants to trim some fat, try that diet. I guarantee you lose a minimum of 5 lbs the first week. It is pretty hardcore and gets the job done in a hurry.

In other news, poker has gotten the best of me the past month. The ups and downs of the game can really torture one's emotional state. It almost puts me in a state of depression, it sucks! Leandra says this happens every 2-4 months and than everything gets back on track. However, with the new little one and playing much less poker it could take 3-6 months or maybe even longer. SIGH FU VARIANCE! All I can do is concentrate and make the best decisions in every spot of each tournament I play.

On a brighter note, the Yankees are really close to signing fatboy CC Sabathia to a 7 year 160 million dollar contract. HAHA, so sickening the kind of money these ball players make. It's so absurd. If you got it, spend it. The Yankees do whatever they can to WIN. That is why I have love for them. I don't think CC is gonna be enough for the Yankees to get over the hump and get back into the post season. They definitely need at least one more top notch starter to go along with CC, Wang, and Chamberlain. I'm hoping they scoop Derek Lowe, if not Burnett will do. I am looking forward to seeing this fat guy take the mound in the new stadium to start the season.

1 comment:

Cara said...

I agree with the Yanks comments. As for the diet, I thought you guys were crazy in the first place! Come on Dan, you two know you look good! Screw the eggs, seriously.